11 Mobile Web Stats That Will Make You Rethink Your Website
When I talk to Milwaukee-area small businesses about their website design, many business owners and managers understand the value of their website being friendly to consumers on mobile devices; however, frequently I hear an objection that having a mobile-specific, mobile-optimized or responsive web design isn’t important. The statistics below tell a different story. If you’re website isn’t well designed and optimized to respond to different screens sizes, you are losing potential business.
A 2015 report from Smart Insights indicates that since 2012…
- The number of mobile users now exceed that of desktop users.
- Daily vertical screen time has increased by 175%.
- Search is the most common starting point on mobile.
- Google gives preference to mobile optimized sites in mobile searches.
- 25% of emails are opened on a mobile device.
- The vast majority of mobile traffic occurs within other apps (ie clicking a link in Facebook opens the link within Facebook).
- Users prefer mobile from 7-9am, desktop from 9-5 and tablets in the evening.
Google’s Think Insights on mobile reports that…
- 61% of consumers will immediately leave a non-mobile website.
- A positive mobile experience increases the likelihood of purchase by 67%.
Pair that research with human behavior research from Missouri S&T…
- An online visitor will form their initial opinion of your company in 2/10ths of a second.
- In 2.6 seconds their eyes will focus enough to know why they formed that opinion.
And lest you think this is all about consumer-facing business, rather than B2B, a report from Acqutiy finds that 84.3% of B2B buyers research on the company’s website before purchase.
By not having a well-designed, responsive website design that works as well on a mobile device as it does on a full-size screen, you’re turning away business.
How many potential customers are you comfortable turning away?
At Little Studio Creative we help Milwaukee-area non-profits, individuals and small, privately held companies in manufacturing, outdoor sports and professional services to reach their potential customers with strategic messaging on any device they use. We design mobile-friendly websites that make you look good and produce human-story videos that will resonate with your audience. While we love to work with small businesses at home in Milwaukee, we also work for clients nationally.